“A new command I give you, that you love one another. Even as I have loved you, you must love one another. By this the world will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Our women’s ministry endeavors to create an atmosphere where women can realize spiritual maturity and fellowship, develop their leadership skills, and minister in the local church, their community and the world.
Dedicated women are making a significant difference in their world by their commitment to devote their time, talents and finances to promote the goals enunciated in the Women’s Ministry statement of purpose.
Women are encouraged to accept their responsibility as women of God who will offer themselves as living sacrifices, acceptable and pleasing to God; be devoted to one another in love, honoring one another above themselves; serve God and their church with zeal, keeping their spiritual fervor; joyfully hope; be patient in affliction and faithful in prayer; share with God’s people who are in need; and practice hospitality. The verses found in Romans 12:1, 10-13 are the foundations for these aspirations. Women are also encouraged to be committed to teaching the younger women, as outlined in Titus 2:4.
Our mission is three fold:
To build intentional relationships by:
- Widening our circle of friendships among women within the church family
- Spending purposeful time with women outside the family of God
To strengthen women by:
- Spending time in the Word of God
- Entering the Word of God in our conversations when we are together
- Prioritizing time for worship and prayer
- Encouraging women to participate in a small group family
Serving God by using our giftedness for the benefits of others by:
- Adjusting our time to express care and meet needs of others
- Becoming equipped in the skills needed for ministry within the body
- Becoming equipped in the skills needed to reach the lost by multiplying leaders through a coaching/mentoring process.